Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beach Cheap

I decided that since we no longer live in the efficiency, I needed to change the name of my blog. "Life in the Efficiency" just doesn't fit anymore.

A few weeks ago, The Beaches Leader advertised for guest columnists. I was terrified almost to the point of not even trying. But I did. I wrote three sample columns. The editor, Kathleen Feindt Bailey, agreed to publish one. WooHoo! I will post again when it prints. Believe me, I'll let everyone know!

The one she liked was titled "Beach Cheap." I happen to know a few things about living cheap. Just ask my husband- I can make a penny scream. And I hope to one day achieve "Beach Chic" status. But for now, I am simply and contentedly Beach Cheap, and I have lots of tips to share with the readers of The Beaches Leader. Hmm, maybe the editor will allow me to submit another column.

In the Beach Cheap spirit, I have gone over all my previous posts and pointed out the Beach Cheap tips. Please "follow" my blog for more tips. If you'd like to share my blog, you can click on the share buttons below, or give your friends the link: http://beachcheap.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. heeheehee.....i love that line "I can make a penny scream"!!! you're so cute!!! congrats on your article, sweet pea!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori and Janet.
    But I must admit, Ben and I first heard "make a penny scream" from Clark Howard. I listened to The Clark Howard Show on NPR while delivering pizza around the beaches. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAY!!! I'm so happy for you, Lainie!!!

    ReplyDelete